Christ Church, Springfield, joyfully announces that it is seeking candidates to be our next Rector. Christ Church seeks to serve Christ though hospitality, education, outreach, and worship. These cornerstones of our faith community have helped us to know Christ in our own lives and to serve Christ in others, and we hope to continue to listen to and serve God’s call to us by building upon and growing our ministries built upon these cornerstones.
- Hospitality: welcoming, nurturing, and supporting all who come through our doors
- Education: providing people of all ages the rich opportunities to form strong spiritual relationships with God
- Outreach: helping to meet the physical, material, social, and spiritual needs of our community of Springfield and beyond
- Worship: offering meaningful, relevant, and welcoming worship in the Episcopal tradition for people of all ages
We seek a rector with many gifts for ministry, chief among them:
- Excitement about working with us
- Entrepreneurial spirit and vision
- Open to helping us explore new ways of thinking about who we are and what we do in Christ’s name
- Open to experimenting with ways of equipping lay leaders, energizing worship and formation, and reconciliation with the events of history
- Ability to balance the hopes and dreams of people from many different age cohorts, backgrounds, circumstances, and so forth
- Lead us in imagining new ways of reaching out to “nones,” “dones,” and those who have been sidelined by the church
Our complete profile is available here.
Apply for this position using the form below.