St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, Columbus is seeking a part-time Priest-in-Charge. Located just a short drive from downtown Columbus, the congregation is now seeking an engaging leader to minister to the pastoral needs of all St. Philip’s parishioners and walk with them into a changing future. St. Philip’s truly believes that in our society, our community, our church, it takes us all working together in order to help make OUR world a better place.
St. Philip’s seeks part-time Priest-in-Charge who will build on their traditions and strengths and help them collaboratively explore new ways to carry out their mission of worship, service and witness. St. Philip’s seeks an individual who:
- Will be a shepherd for the parish, available and accessible to parishioners, nurturing spiritual growth, and being there in times of crisis.
- Will identify and encourage gifts and talents of parishioners that can be used in our ministries.
- Will connect with all age groups and will be active in the life of the parish.
- Will work with lay leaders to seek out and warmly welcome new members and encourage them to become involved in parish life and share their gifts and talents.
- Will appreciate, support and respect our traditional liturgy and parish music tradition, while exploring additional or different opportunities for worship.
- Will challenge them with thoughtful and relevant sermons, opening for us the riches of scripture while applying our ancient faith to our contemporary world.
St. Philip’s is near strong public services and schools, desirable housing and convenience to downtown Columbus. The Ohio State University, major medical centers and the region’s interstates and international airport have traditionally made it a desirable place to live for professionals in academia, medicine and government, as well as the region’s insurance, banking and technology companies. This would be a wonderful opportunity for a retired priest or a bi-vocational priest.
We welcome interested candidates to apply using the form below.