In his part-time role, Giff Blaylock, CPA, provides direction to the accounting operations, including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and all other accounting processes. He first began in this role as an independent contractor in 2010, and officially joined the staff in July 2019.
Giff received his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware and an MBA in Accounting from Loyola College in Baltimore, MD. He has spent much of his 30-year accounting career assisting parishes, dioceses and clergy with tax and audit issues.
Some of Giff’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducting the monthly close of all funds under supervision
- Prepare internal accounting reports for each of 10 Diocesan divisions monthly or as needed
- Monitor accounting processes including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, cash receipts and donations
- Assist in budget preparations and program grants/contracts
- Coordinate annual audit preparation including consolidation of funds, building the report with footnotes, and preparation of requested workpapers from the auditor
- Assist in the IRS 990T preparation