The Diocese of Southern Ohio is seeking a Church Planter and Diocesan Missioner for Latino Ministry. La Iglesia Episcopal del Espíritu Santo is an Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Southern Ohio that embraces immigrant communities in Forest Park and the surrounding areas. We are Latino, American, immigrants, English-speaking, Spanish-speaking and bi-lingual. We are a community of disciples who support one another in the faith and reach out to those outside of our doors. We value social justice and the hard work of reconciliation, as well as laughter, and breaking bread together. We offer education, advocacy, and community to our neighbors, and we work not only to respond to their physical needs, but also to their spiritual longings.
The Missioner duties will include:
1.) Serving as Church Planter/Mission Developer for La Iglesia Episcopal del Espíritu Santo:
- Recruit, empower and train Core Team of Leaders to continue the outreach and service programs currently offered by El Centro del Minister Latino.
- Deepen existing relationships and build new relationships with community members and potential partners in the community.
- Cultivate and develop a Core Team of Missioners who are called to be disciples of Jesus and to follow him out into the neighborhood to listen for the deep spiritual hunger of our neighbors.
2.) Serving as Diocesan Missioner for Latino Ministries
- Be a resource for other congregations, diocesan groups, or leaders interested in pursuing Latino ministry in their own communities.
- Redevelop a diocesan Latino Ministry Commission.
- Remain up to date on current best practices in Latino Ministry around the Episcopal Church by participating in conferences, continuing education, in-person experience etc.
Interested applicants should apply using the form below. Should you have any questions, please contact the Rev. Canon Jane Gerdsen, Missioner for Fresh Expressions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.