There are two versions of the Template for Emergency Preparedness document available for download. One is a traditional Microsoft Word document, the other is an interactive PDF.
Although both versions contain identical information, the interactive PDF is in many ways easier to use. It is indexed similar to a website in that you can click on topics in the index and be taken quickly to the correct section, click on the “Home” button on the bottom of the page, and you’ll go back to the index.
How to use and disseminate the interactive PDF:
- Download the interactive pdf
- Fill out customizable areas for information pertinent to your situation. The customizable areas are shown as blue boxes.
- Save the PDF with the customizable parts filled in.
- Upload to Dropbox or some other document sharing site.
- Share Dropbox (or other) link with vestry, staff members, and any other pertinent people.
- Update PDF as needed and remind people to access the updated version.
Emergency Preparedness materials
Signage to accompany your Emergency Preparedness Plan is available to your congregation at no cost.
Recent national and international tragedies show us that the risk is real, an active shooter incident can happen in any place at any time. Although most people think of churches as places of contemplation and prayer, churches have not been immune from such incidents. Preparedness and awareness will help us keep everyone safe.
Check our list of Planning Resources (to the right) for videos to help you learn how be be prepared.
House of Worship Security training is available through the Ohio Crime Prevention Association (OCPA). Visit www.ocpa-oh.org for more information and dates of training.