The Society of the Transfiguration is a Community of Episcopal Sisters and their ministries. Established in 1928, the Sisters are located in Glendale, OH. The Transfiguration Spiritualty Center was conceived as a place for reflection, fellowship and renewal and offers meeting places, private rooms, and organized activities. Hospitality and Simplicity envelope our guests in our park like setting.
The Director oversees the budget and mission of TSC, assuring that the TSC standards of hospitality are met while providing and modeling quality customer services. The Director is involved in the day to day operations in collaboration with the Operations Manager. Position is salary, exempt 40 hours per week.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs the TSC values and the culture of hospitality.
- Develops and nurtures external relationships and represents the Center at various meetings, raising awareness of the Center throughout the community and the diocese.
- Handle reservation requests and respond to email and phone calls as needed.
- Designs programming and stands ready to facilitate if requested.
- Facilitates all safety, security, and sanitation procedures including background checks, etc.
- Provides regular communication with appropriate staff internally and externally to stakeholders and prospective registrants.
- Manages acceptance of funds and acknowledgements of gifts
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure seamless hospitality and positive employee relations
- Reports any safety concerns immediately
- Participates in weekend on call rotation
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or that emerge in course of the position.
- 5 years management and/or supervisory experience
- Practice or familiarity with Episcopalian doctrine, ethos required
- Facilitation experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience working within a Religious Community and/or Institution preferred
- Active Driver’s License regular access to reliable vehicle
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Proficient verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office platform is required
To apply, send resume, etc to Jan Davis at email@example.com