The Diocesan Finance Department, along with our partners at Strategic HR Business Advisors, will offer three webinars in the coming months covering Human Resources issues. Each webinar will be held from 12 to 1 p.m. Topics include:
- Wednesday, Sept 21: Basic Employment Law (specific to churches)
- Tuesday, Oct 4: Managing Performance: Coaching, Corrective Action and Terminations
- Wednesday, Nov 9: Retention through Engagement and Recognition
The first webinar, Basic Employment Law, will cover
- Discrimination and harassment prevention
- Laws regarding wages and hours (overtime, exempt/non-exempt, breaks, minimum wage)
- FMLA, ADA and other leaves
- Basic OSHA rules
- Job descriptions and why they are important
Register in advance for this webinar here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing shortly after each is held. For questions, contact the Rev. Canon David Getreu at email@example.com.