Job Description: Part-time Communications Associate
Reports to: Rector
Expected Hours: Average of 5 to 10 hours per week as needed – some work can be done remotely
The Communications Associate will be responsible for most aspects of communication within the parish across a wide array of platforms including, but not limited to a weekly Constant Contact Newsletter, updating the Wix Webpage, Facebook Posts, Worship Bulletin Preparation, outdoor banners and signage, preparation of the Parish Directory and Parish Annual Report, the preparation and sending of special mailings, the preparation of Power Point Presentations.
- Help develop an overall Communications Plan for the Parish for various audiences including parishioners and the wider community
- Help Design How Trinity will promote special Events
- Website Development/Maintenance
- Prepare Weekly On-line Newsletter using Constant Contact
- Prepare Weekly On-line Worship Notice using Constant Contact
- Produce weekly and holiday worship bulletins
- Design forms, signage, banners, letterhead, and post cards.
- Produce Parish Directory and Parish Annual Report
- Produce Power Point Presentations
- Prepare and Send out Special Mailings
- Maintain Up to Date Info on Phone System
- Write news releases for online and print news sites.
- Write, proofread, and edit articles for various publications
- Maintain consistency of information across platforms
- Maintain intentional social media presence
- Help parish move to live streaming of worship services from the Sanctuary and other events from throughout the building
- Research relevant tools in social media, marketing, communications, etc.
- Work with and train parishioners who may be helping with communications responsibilities
- Keep history of publications
- Other duties as necessary and assigned
- Experience in the Communications Profession
- Experience in development of overall communications plans
- Strong computer proficiency including background in online and print design and content.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Keen eye for proofreading and editing
- Attention to both detail and the big picture
- Ability to juggle several projects at once, with changing requirements
- Website development and maintenance experience
- Experience in weekly preparation of online newsletters
- Experience in live streaming events
- Experience in computer software and hardware trouble shooting
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- A willingness to develop a strong relationship with and understanding of the parish and the Episcopal ethos.
- Willingness to engage in and learn about parish programs, ministries, celebrations, and worship events.
- Background in the Christian Tradition, preferably with experience in the Episcopal Tradition.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Software Experience Preferred:
- Constant Contact
- Wix Webpage Software
- Power Point
- Live Streaming Software
- Publication on various social media platforms
Submit Applications by Email to:
Rev. Suzanne LeVesconte, Rector
Trinity Episcopal Church
115 N 6th Street, Hamilton, OH
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 851, Hamilton, OH 45012