Church of the Redeemer website
The Associate Rector for Discipleship is a full-time position sharing – with the rector, other clergy, and staff – in the leadership of this church. She/he/they functions under the direct supervision of the Rector, leads the Program Team, participates in several staff teams to ensure coordination of all ministries, and is clergy liaison to all Education ministries. The Associate Rector for Discipleship is a pastor, prophet, teacher, and evangelist who works collegially with staff and parishioners to develop and implement offerings and programs that serve the overall mission of the church. The Associate Rector for Discipleship is expected to be a person of prayer with a commitment to their own spiritual well-being. They will function at an elevated level of personal and professional creativity, take initiative and responsibility in their area of ministry, and work closely with a staff that functions in a highly collaborative and mutually supportive manner.
Our Associate Rector for Discipleship will be responsible for:
- Implementing Becoming Beloved Community programming, including the creation of an ongoing Sacred Ground race and faith education series
- Creating and facilitating Baptism preparation curriculum
- Solidifying curriculum for adult confirmation/reception preparation
- Expanding Bible Study offerings
- Overseeing seasonal programs (Lenten Series, Retreats, etc.)
- Supervising the Minister for Children and Families and the Redeemer Pre School Director
- Regular participation and leadership in corporate worship, including weddings, funerals, and baptisms
- Engagement with larger Diocesan life and ministry
Life and ministry at Church of the Redeemer is dynamic. With a compelling vision, and strategically minded lay leadership – and, of course, in response to the changes in the world and society around us – we’re moving forward with changes both small and large that are meant to lead us deeper into more intentional discipleship with Jesus. Church of the Redeemer is emerging from the pandemic in a place of strength, stability, hope, and excitement, and we are embracing this as a season of holy opportunity.
See the full job description here.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and recording or text of a sermon given in the last six months to the Rev. Philip DeVaul, Rector, Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 2944 Erie Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208. We will review all materials as they arrive and respond to all applicants. No phone calls, please.